PTA Upcoming Events/Fundraisers
Picture Day - October 15, 2018
PS 147 is partnering with Schoola (www.schoola.com). What’s Schoola? It’s a great way to raise funds for our school. Schoola collects preloved, children, teen and women’s clothes, preps and sells them online, and gives 40% of the proceeds back to PS 147 to help fund programs for our kids. That’s $2 out of every $5 earned back to our school! Simply click on the image to view our very own Schoola landing page where you can request a bag and view our progress and funds earned.
Parent Teacher Association
The purpose of our PTA is to continually enhance the experience for all children here at PS 147 by collaborating with teachers and staff, providing funds, planning events, improving communications, seeking out enrichment opportunities, and advocating on behalf of our children and our parents. We want the best for our children. We know you do too. Every bit of support that you provide along the way helps makes us stronger and more able to meet the needs of our school.
Through PTA's parents can become active, effective participants in their children’s educations and schools, and in the educational system generally. For example, PTA's can empower parents to:
- organize and take action on issues
- provide input on school policies
- advocate for their children
- partner with school administration and staff
- collaborate with community members and elected officials
PTA's can support students’ educations directly by:
- educating parents about school curricula, school rules and procedures
- providing opportunities for parents to become involved in classroom and out-of-classroom activities
- participating in decision-making on the School Leadership Team (see SLT page)
- sponsoring numerous enrichment programs and activities
- running after-school programs
- fostering cooperative relationships between school staff and parents
- raising funds to supplement the schools’ budgets
Together, with you, we are the PTA and we need your help to give our children the memorable education they deserve. Outside of fundraising there will be a number of opportunities for you to contribute.
For more information, please visit our website.
Introducing our 2018 - 2019 PTA Executive Board. We look forward to working with you.
2018-19 PTA Executive Board and Committee Chairs:
Ms. Brenda Rivera and Mr. Paul Hogan: Co - Presidents
Ms. Nellie Rodriguez and Ms. Clarissa Rodriguez: Co - Vice Presidents
Ms. Shirley Kubo and Ms. Shatina Beamon: Co - Treasurers
Ms. WeiWei Yen-Coleman and Ms. Ana Rodriguez: - Co-Secretaries
We would also like to thank all of our parents for continuously participating in our PTA meetings. Remember, YOUR CHILD, YOUR SCHOOL, YOUR VOICE - YOU have the power to make a difference!
Lourdes Santiago Phone: 718-497-0326 x. 2021