Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how P.S. 147K is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
For more information, please check Health and Safety in Our Schools .
Last updated: February, 2023
Updated Building Safety Procedures
Effective February 10, 2023, visitors entering DOE schools or buildings are no longer required to provide proof of vaccination. However, we will continue to put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks are optional and will be provided to any student or staff member upon request.
- Hand washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
In the event of a remote learning day, our school is committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning.
- If your student needs a laptop or tablet, fill out the Device Request Form to reserve your device. Devices are limited. Borrowing a device is free!
- If your children experience internet-connectivity issues with their iPads, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, your child's teacher will work with you to provide alternative offline assignments.