Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how P.S. 147K is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
For more information, please check Health and Safety in Our Schools .
Last updated: September, 2022
Building Safety Procedures
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks are optional and will be provided to any student or staff member upon request.
- Hand washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 100°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- If your student needs a laptop or tablet, fill out the Device Request Form to reserve your device. Borrowing a device is free!
- If your children experience internet-connectivity issues with their iPads, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Take your device with you on in-school days.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, your child's teacher will work with you to provide alternative offline assignments.